Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Week of Adventure and Excitement

Kraig--This has been an interesting week. Jennifer left last Friday for Colorado Springs to visit my sister, Melanie. Her week has been filled with shopping, eating out, being creative, watching movies, and skiing! Her biggest complaint has been that she is sore from skiing.


My week, on the other hand, has been filled with sickness. Sierra came home Tuesday after throwing up at school (and then in the car). I was diagnosed on Thursday with CHICKENPOX!!!! Yes, at the age of 35, I have chickenpox. It hasn't been too bad, except yesterday, when I had a fever (102 degrees) all day long. I tried to get Jennifer to come home early, but she was too busy eating bonbons. One good thing is that Kayla has let me borrow some really good books to read, and the girls have done an excellent job of taking care of me.

Sierra--I made a model, in school, of the stages of a butterfly. Stage One--It's a tiny, yellow egg (modeled by rice). Stage Two--A caterpillar hatches from the egg (modeled by a spiral noodle). Stage Three--The caterpillar turns into a chrysalis (modeded by a shell noodle). Stage Four--A butterfly hatches from a chrysalis (modeled by bowtie noodle). My stomache has been upset all week, especially after I threw up.

Kayla--I have a few things I want to say. I have been dealing with being the oldest girl in the house, taking care of somebody with chickenpox, and having to deal with a few arguments. I have had to make food and do things I've never done before. I have had a little fun--watching a movie with Dad and Sierra, serving Dad, and buying the food at Wendy's. We have all missed Mommy terribly.

Who'd have thunk that she is so valuable that we all fall apart without her?! Hmmmmmmm, it must be love. Of course, this all means that my physical has to be put off yet again. When I called the recruiter to tell him, he said that the place where I get my physical done (MEPS) had lost my paperwork, and I wasn't going up Monday anyway!!!!!! So, we'll try again in a week.

No comments: