Sunday, March 19, 2006

An Experiment!--March 19, 2006

What's all the Smith family news that's fit to print?

**Let's see--Sierra has lost another tooth, and is truly gappy!

**I went up for my physical at MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) last Monday, only to be told that my recruiter had messed up, and Air Force applicants weren't being processed that day!!! Since I had awoken at 4:00 a.m., and had a lousy night's sleep on top of that, I was not a happy camper. Also, as I had taken the bus onto Ft. Meade, and left my car at the hotel, I had to wait until 9:00 a.m. to get a ride back to my car!!!! :( Aaaarrgghhh. But wait--it gets better!!!! I rescheduled for tomorrow, only to be told on Friday that the doctors who reviewed my medical prescreen want the requested medical records BEFORE I go up. Consequently, my recruiter is driving down here on Monday to pick up these three pages that I have so he can take them back up to MEPS so I can reschedule my physical. Please pray that God will straighten the path and remove obstacles so that my family and I can begin to have a life, and get out of waiting mode. Kayla says that we are very low on patience, and she's right.

**Jen is currently in Colorado Springs (actually, Falcon, CO) with Melanie. I sent her out of the state so that she can get a break. I'm wishing that I had gone instead! She left on Friday, and doesn't return until Sunday. I'm sure they'll have a great time this week.

**Kayla continues to bloom into a beautiful young lady before my very eyes.

**We put a new top on the convertible last weekend, and it looks really good. You can tell that amateurs did it, but it isn't as "ghetto" as having duct tape all over the top! The weather is finally getting warm enough to use it, which makes it all the better!!!

**Our pastor preached a very good sermon on "Community" this morning. If you are interested, check it out at www.southpoint4u.com.

Okay, can't think of much else. Hope you have a great week!

Kraig and the girls

No comments: