Thursday, April 03, 2008

Time out!

Spring Break this year was spent at Quartz Mountain Arts and Conference Resort near Altus, OK, with my Mom, my brother and nephew, my sister and brother-in-law, and, of course, my three girls. It's the first time in a very long time that I've needed a vacation from the job and not the people! It was great. We geocached, played games, swam, hiked, golfed (83 for nine holes; 165 for 18--not too bad for my first game and a half of golf!), ate, rested, played, read, etc. There is a little "amusement park" nearby. It's safety (or, at least, its string of luck) was demonstrated when a group of 100 school kids took the day off to enjoy it. Nobody died, so it was apparently safer than it looked! At any rate, we did the go-karts and the bumper cars, and had a blast with the kids. You can see the photos, if you wish, at flickr.com under "The World of SMITH." After that, we spent some time with Mom at her house, and had all-in-all a wonderful time.

Yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary. We did not mean to, but Jen got a very large present . . .



I hit the sandbox at the end of this month for fourish months. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Blessings!

2 comments:

JustAnotherBlogger said...

Happy anniversary!

Sounds like fun times. I'm not sure I get the "sandbox" reference--what do I need to be praying for?

GoughRMAK said...

Kraig,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Nice present!

Sounds like you had a good time. That is nice to be able to do before the "sandbox".

Hope you have your uniforms treated and are ready to sweat. It's a GREAT time to be there.

Chris, the "sandbox" is not the most fun place to go. I have been there a couple of times over the past several years and will probably make one more trip back within the next couple of years.

Kraig, send me an e-mail with your snail-mail address when you get where you are going.

Enjoy the next few weeks and take a camera with you.

Later,
Rich