Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Update!

So, yes, we all survived the "Great Smith Ski Trip" of 2008. There were no broken bones, jammed fingers, fractured limbs, or any other gruesome ski injuries--simply sore bodies. The two girls did a WONDERFUL job of skiing for their first full weekend, and we have, as a matter of fact, been back!! The worst part of the trip was the one hour trip to Denver which, due to traffic, turned into four hours!!! Otherwise, it was a great weekend. Thanks to all who expressed concern.

Other news? We are getting ready for my "Summer Vacation." In fact, the base is helping out by mock deploying me this week (as if I had nothing else to do). The other three are making plans for the summer, which I'm pretty sure involve grandparents and horses. Hopefully, they'll let you know how that works out this summer--otherwise, be prepared for a long blogging hiatus! I have been requested to arrive six days early, so that puts me in-country a week earlier than originally planned. Of course, there's always the possibility of leaving even earlier than that!!! I've started my shots (anthrax, smallpox, and other deadly diseases); we've started making a list (and checking it twice); the countdown begins soon. By the way, we heard the youngest moaning in her sleep last night. When da whiff asked her about it, she said she had been dreaming that sun spiders, camel spiders, and other assorted desert baddies were biting her!! She said, "It was not a very nice dream."

Otherwise, the girls are all doing well. We are attempting to change our eldest's schooling, but that's been an exercise in frustration thus far. The whiff has been feeling very good lately. The dog is doing well. Really, I think all is well on the home front. How are you and yours doing?

3 comments:

JustAnotherBlogger said...

Wow! That was an incredibly long ski trip! :)

Glad you made it safely back, although I'm not sure I can take "long" blogging hiatus (how long is "long," exactly?).

Anonymous said...

So, where is Southwest Asia exactly? Or is that classified? Anywhere it is, I am sure I have not heard of any military casualties involving spiders. Right? Maybe that is classified too!!!
Amy

GoughRMAK said...

Don't you love those long drives full of traffic?

How 'bout them shots? I would rather sit in traffic. Hopefully, I won't have to be given any more shots before my retirement in a couple of years.

Make sure to take my e-mail address with you on your "vacation".

One thing to remember, each day when you put your boots on, hold the boot with the toe up in the air, and strike the heel on the floor as hard as you can. That should dislodge any critters that have made a home in your wonderful footwear.

Take care,
Rich