Sunday, May 27, 2007

The "Exercise" continues . . .

Tuesday was spent setting up camp, doing visitation, etc. Wednesday was the really FUN day. We practiced being attacked all day long (literally--I got home at 1900). So, I spent most of the day in Chem Gear! Yay!!!! My all-time favorite uniform.



You can figure out which one I am. Anyway, the day was not ill-spent. Having never been deployed, this at least makes me think about what I will do (for instance, chaplains minister to the folks at Mortuary Affairs while they are preparing the bodies or have prepared the bodies) in certain situations. It was a thought-provoking day, actually, although those who have done this multiple times may not understand that. So, here are a few pictures of camp for you to enjoy.





Jennifer scored me BIG points. Someone challenged me with the statement that another Chaplain always brings doughnut holes, and I wasn't keeping up! Jen sent me on Thursday with around 175 homemade cinnamon rolls and a huge bag of banana bread muffins! Thanks, Jen!!! Several people told me their shop would always accept such items.

Okay, that's enough for the monkey gallery to make more nasty comments. I enjoyed (for the most part) the exercise; the real thing will be here soon enough.

1 comment:

GoughRMAK said...

Great pictures! How did you like wearing your inserts with the mask? During our last exercise, I wore my inserts for the first "attack", then opted not to wear them again. My vision is not bad enough that I can't see without them. Those things were literally driving me CRAZY pressing on my skull. I guess if I ever have the need for them long term, I will deal with headaches, because if I have to wear them I will end up taking my mask off and breathing in whatever is in the air, then you will come visit my body.

Have a GREAT AF Memorial Day!

Thanks for serving.

Rich