Monday, March 19, 2007

Coolest job ever!

I love my job as a Chaplain. It's only Monday, and I've helped someone threatening suicide get the help he needs and I got to visit the wife of an Airman who just had (one month early) a 5# baby girl that they didn't even know was coming! I even got to hold the baby! She was perfect, and if you know me very well, you know I could go on and on and on--I won't. Last week, I visited an Airman in jail, and was able to see God doing some work in his life, now that he's hit rock bottom and all has been taken away from him.

Quite honestly, it's satisfying to be used of God in the lives of people. A few months ago, someone told me this--"Life is hard; stupidity makes it even harder." If it just stopped there, with "life is hard," what a waste this life would be! Thanks be to God for taking our stupidity and making it into something glorious! That's an awesome kind of job satisfaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come I don't get E mails from the Smith Clan. Love you. AUnt Mary Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Wyoming blood brother-- Enjoy browsing the blog periodically. Was going to send you off an e-mail, but can't seem to keep up with your current address. Send me one so I can get your current one-- we're still using the same "jeffjenny" address as before.