Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Smiths

The Smiths

Kayla is coming home on Thursday, and WE ARE READY for her!!! I have this feeling that she is ready to come home as well. Lots has changed in the last 18 days. For instance, our house has a contract on it!
Yes, in just 1.5 weeks, our house has a contract on it. We pretty much got what we wanted; she pretty much got what she wanted; life is good for all involved. The settlement date is September 8th, which means I'll have to give Jen Power of Attorney, which means that she will be doing LOTS of signing on that day!!!
I just ran 1.5 miles in 15 minutes, which is much closer to my target of 1.5 miles in 12 minutes, so I'm pretty happy about that! Of course, it's supposed to be blazing hot this week, so hopefully I can hold up, because COT (Officer's Training) is only 4 weeks away!
We are planning to take the first two weeks of August and do stuff with the girls we haven't had time to do lately, like go to D.C., or King's Dominion (amusement park), or paint the ceiling in my bedroom, or start packing some stuff, or . . . . . . We're going to try to have some quality family time before I split, because I'm going to be a busy beaver in just four weeks!
Here's the new and improved updates Smith schedule:
1. I go to COT on August 13 or 14. I do not intend to return to So. MD.
2. The AF picks up our stuff either the last week of August or the 1st week of September.
3. Jen settles the house on September 8th.
4. She and the girls, at some point in time after 09/08, will make their merry way down to AL for my graduation.
5. From there, the four of us will journey to WY!
6. I'm supposed to report to F.E. Warren AFB by September 23.
We are planning to rent until such a time as our finances have settled down, and we kind of think we might know what we are doing!
I also had the chance again today to preach at Southpoint. I really enjoyed the opportunity this week and last to preach, and I appreciate their willingness to allow me to do it.
Okay--questions? Comments? Old war stories? Shoot us an e-mail!!!

No comments: