Saturday, February 18, 2006

February 18, 2006

Hi, this is Kayla! I drew the lucky number for doing the blog this week. I have some very interesting news to tell you this week.

1. Sierra can't eat corn-on-the-cob because she has a loose front tooth! It was really funny watching her try, but Mom took pity on her, and eventually cut it off the cob.

2. It tried to snow today, but now (sniff! sniff!), it has melted. :(

3. A friend of ours had a baby this week. We're going to take them cookies today. However, because I'm sniffly and coughy, I don't get to hold the baby!!!!!! :( Sierra gets to, though. Grrrr!

4. Dad, and the other husbands, had a Valentine's Day Banquet for their wives. There was filet mignon, twice-baked potatoes, green beans (ugh), homemade rolls, and Dove chocolate and chocolate roses. We kids were stuck with pizza and sugar cookies and put in the basement.

5. When we woke up on Tuesday, we found surprises from our lovely father. Before he went to work at Staples that morning, he put out boxes of M & M's (the kind with messages on them) and cards for each of us. Mom got a box of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

6. Sierra and I both had Valentine's Day Parties at school Tuesday. We both got lots of valentines. Dad doesn't like it that some of them were from boys!!!!! I got lots of candy. Sierra asked both Mom and Dad to attend her party, but they couldn't come. They had to teach class. :(

7. Yesterday, surprisingly, I only picked up pencil one time at school!!! That's not normal for me on Fridays. Instead, I had computer lab twice, did lots of reading, and a guest speaker--Mr. Rice--shared with us about Juvenile Detention. We get to go to Kids In Court on Wednesday. I never want to go to Juvenile Detention because I think it's really bad! They tell you when you can go to the bathroom!!!!! You don't even get to bring a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all of my interesting news for this week. Dad is still waiting for medical reports from his teenager life before he can have his physical scheduled. Talk to you next week!

Kayla for the East Coast Smith Family

No comments: