Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hi! This is Kayla writing. Sorry we haven't written in a while. We've been really busy. For example, I've been writing some poems. Here's a few:

"Books"
Paper goes into rough drafts,
Rough drafts go into books,
I love to read a book
By the fire.

It goes something like that. It's called a change poem. Here's one more:

"Tina the Turtle"

Tina the turtle told the TV that Tammy the tiger was coming to tea.
Though Tina told Tammy that traveling was absurd, Tammy the tiger
traveled to Thailand to make tea today, tomorrow, and Thursdays.

I'm sure you guessed what genre that one was. If you guessed tounge twister then you're right! I'll "show" you some others in other blogs. When I said we've been busy, I meant BUSY! Dad went to AL, We've moved in the past few months, and a bunch of other things that made us forget about our blog. We'll update you on what has happened this week, later this week.
Sincerely,
The Smiths

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hello Smiths!
Kayla, it was fun to read your poems, you are really maturing as a writer.
The girls and I are heading your way next month, and we'd love to stop and visit. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the facts that you are in Wyoming, in the Air Force, and have a dog. WOW! What changes.
Janell & crew