Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Smiths first blizzard!



The Smiths

Wow! I have never been in a blizzard before. For some reason, I like experiencing extreme weather at least once, although usually from someplace where it's safe and secure--in this case, my house!!! It's certainly been a busy week. The girls went home with Mel and Mom after their Christmas program last week (which was nice, but the school needs a better sound system). Jen and I went to the Wing Christmas Party Saturday night, which was fun. We have decided to take dancing lessons, especially if we are going to be doing this for 20 years (we hope?). On Sunday, we went down and picked up my brother from DIA, and then went Christmas shopping. It was snowing on the way down (nasty stuff), but cleared up later on. Monday morning, we learned of a suicide which had taken place Sunday night/early Monday morning. THAT put a damper on things. I dealt with that some, as well as marital counseling, that day. It was quite the busy day! Today, we were sent home early due to the blizzard coming. So, with that all written, here are some pictures. The first one is of the antelope which came wandering by my office window yesterday. The herd on base just wanders around randomly--I guess they had decided it was our turn to "host" them! They made sure to leave a nice trail of "presents" for us to clean up. Chocolate, anybody?!

No comments: