Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mousetraps and Moves

Before Christmas Break, our eldest was tasked with powering a car with a mousetrap! My wife and I thought about this for a little bit, wondering how on earth we were supposed to do that, when I had an epiphany!!!! My father-in-law, Mr. "I can make anything work" was coming!!!! Especially as he lives in MI, and doesn't often have a chance to "create" with his granddaughter, we thought this would be a great opportunity for him and her to do something together. Of course, he agreed, and he and K worked all during the break on her Mousetrap Car (which ran a fast 3.6 seconds, but did not win the race!!!). I now present to you pictures of K's Mousetrap Car . . . . . . . .





Just by the way, in about 3.5 months I'll be taking a vacation to Southwest Asia for four months. We knew this was coming, but we look forward it it with some trepidation. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Thanks!

4 comments:

GoughRMAK said...

Nice pink car. I really like the wheels. I would like to know how the car works.

Finally, you get to take a nice vacation. I was worried that you would be stuck here in the U.S. You will be going at a GREAT time. The weather is just changing at that time. Not sure exactly where you are going, but J. Green is in the area. He should be coming home about the time you are in the AOR.

EEEEMommy said...

Cool car! I'm impressed!
Sounds like a "fun" vacation.

By the way, Chris finally started a blog (what was he thinking?). Here's the link so you can go harass him. ;) http://cantaffordablog.blogspot.com

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great car! Ah - those all expense paid vacations. Dh is expecting one to a nice sandy location.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Saw your comment on my blog...Mike was on vacation for 6 months in 2006/07....some say surely someone else will get the fun this time around....who knows. He thought he'd leave in May and we've not heard a word yet....