Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yikes! I'm in 7th-grade!!!

Hi! This is Kayla. I'm in 7th-grade now, and I'm a little nervous. I've visited my school with the rest of my class, and I should get my schedule soon. They showed us a play (a la Cinderella) that I really liked. We got to ask questions. I don't like that we MUST dissect a frog (Dad thinks it's cool--ugh!!!).

Saturday, sister and I are going to "deploy." It's called S.P.A.C.E. Jr Deployer. We get to experience what Dad does when he deploys. It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty close. I think it's going to be cool. We've received our orders already. We get ID's (even though I have a real one) and dogtags. We get to wear Daddy's clothes, if we want to (just the shirt and hat). It's gonna be cool.

Friday, June 8th, multiple things happened. 1) We got out of school. 2) The Father-Daughter Banquet happened. It was AWESOME!!! We danced with Dad, and ate supper, and had dessert, and had our pics taken, and all sorts of stuff. I loved it!

In case any of you don't know, my Aunt's horse (Expresso) had a baby (DoubleShot). She was really stubborn about having it, though. We kept waiting and waiting and waiting, and she waited another week to have it! I can't wait to see her. Here's a picture of her:



That's all for this week. Come back next week for MORE!

Sincerely,
The Smiths

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

Congratulations, Kayla!
I remember dissecting a frog in High School. In those days I had a round black felt hat that I wore often. The boys in my class thought it was fun to steal it from me and toss it around the classroom. The day we dissected frogs they thought it was a great idea to put one of the frogs into my hat. Then of course I couldn't wear it and had to walk around the rest of the day with "hat-head". So as you can see, I really learned a lot about the biology of the frog! LOL
Have a great time at Jr. Deployment Camp!
Love,
Miss Angel

EEEEMommy said...

P.S. The colt is gorgeous! I wish I could send my kids out to horse camp with you! Maybe someday! :)

GoughRMAK said...

YIKES!!! I can't believe you are going to be a 7th grader. You kids are just growing up too fast. I have tried to get mine to stop getting older, but they refuse to cooperate. The Deployment Camp sounds like fun. I would like to know how it went. I think that is something EVERY unit should do, so family members have some idea what we go through.

Rich